Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we can.

"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer," said President-Elect Barack Obama. I don't have a lot to say, opinions to state, or fights to pick...but here is what I do have to say- yesterday was a historic day for this country, honestly showing that we live in a place where all things are possible. This is definitely the start of something very new. Whether good or bad, I can't say.
Later in his speech he said, "the road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America – I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you – we as a people will get there". My prayers will be with him as he begins a great task. He will be the President of the United States of America. And I am a citizen of this great country.
As a people we must never forget to voice our opinion. I know I often feel, and felt on election day, that my vote probably didn't matter all that much. But I voiced my opinion anyway, because it was just that...one more vote, one more voice just trying to stand up for what they believe is best. God Bless America.

With Love,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

from keen.