Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Still Fighting.

Ben Folds sings a song called "Still Fighting it". Its a good song. You see, this is the last year I have with my roommates. We've lived together for soon-to-be three years now. Next semester is our last. We're all going to be graduating and moving on with our lives. There is a lot of uncertainty. You'd think by the time we are graduating COLLEGE we would have a better idea of the direction our lives are going to take, but that is nonsense.
Ben Folds
is able to capture an emotion that all four of us are feeling at this time... the fear of growing up! The chorus: "Everybody knows it sucks to grow up and everybody does. Its so weird to be back here. Let me tell you what the years go on and we're still fighting it, we're still fighting it. You'll try and try and one day you'll fly. Away from me."
Yeah, it sucks to grow up...but EVERYBODY does someday. Its okay if not everything is perfect at first. Its about trying. And one day, all four of us will fly! Aubry will become more and more like her mom, becoming a woman with great spunk! Jessica will teach children to have confidence in themselves and one day, they too will experience these emotions, but they will one day Fly. Erin will follow the path that makes her smile and brings her happiness, as should we all! As for yours truly, I'm going to do what is right for me. Nothing is going to stop me now :) my story still has many chapters to go.
As it says in the Doctrine and Covenants 6:34-37. "Therefore fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail...look until me in every thought; DOUBT not, FEAR not...Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven." That sums it up. So yeah, it sucks...but I'm not going to be scared ANYMORE. Nope, not me (at least for today) :).

With Love,

Kristen

4 comments:

  1. That whole entry kinda depresses me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is meant to be hopeful, not depressing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's hopeful. Scary, and so soon, that's true...but it's exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

from keen.