Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmasy.

This past weekend was quite Christmasy. It started with the traditional "An Alpine Christmas". A lovely little pageant that my former and brilliant violin teacher, April Moriarty, among other talented artists and musicians, perform at every year. My parents help run the show each year, and it has become a tradition in our family.

The next day, Jesse and I went up with our friends Ryan, Allison, Steve and Chelsey to see the beautiful lights at temple square. They were charming, as always. We were able to see all the nativities from around the world, walk around the temple grounds, drink hot chocolate that tasted very Christmasy, and also go to see the Salt Lake Festival of Tree's, which I really enjoyed. Our favorite tree was a blue and silver one that had been named "Silver Bells". There were also displays of wreaths and other Christmasy things. Jesse had to restrain me from eating the ginger bread houses.

But the fun doesn't end there...My family, myself, and Jesse were able to attend the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on Sunday night. The devotional was such a wonderful start to the season! Christmas is a time of tradition, family, friends, and remembering the birth and the life of our Savior Jesus Christ. And then today, it snowed! Merry Christmas!

With Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

from keen.