Monday, March 2, 2009

'cause I got a peaceful easy feeling

It is Monday, and for reasons unbeknownst to me, I can't help but think back on this past week. It was a simple but very good week. And no, I wouldn't say that within the last seven days I took the bull by the horns in any way or seized after any new dazzling opportunities, but I did learn several important lessons that I just can't get off my mind. Maybe it was the Relief Society lesson I gave on President Monson's talk Finding Joy in the Journey, teaching us to "relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family," that keeps me clinging to every moment that I don't want to loose. Maybe it is just my fear of change. Maybe there is no reason. I don't know, but I do want to share what I do know:

Here comes the sun.
No matter the stresses, no matter the hurt, no matter how cold the weather may get...the sun is coming. This past week I was not only reminded by The Beatles singing the words "here comes the sun little darling...." but also by the few days of amazingly warm, late February weather that took Provo by storm. The bbq's were lit and the lawn chairs set out, volleyball courts filled with eager, winter deranged cougars, and all was well. And whether we're speaking of the literal sunshine or metaphorically of happiness..."Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting. Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right."

For what it's worth.
Though I'm not quite sure what the actually meaning of the song is, Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth has become a song symbolizing the turmoil that was found in the world during the Vietnam War. This past week I found myself getting worked up and adgitated over certain world and political events. The decreasing, at times nonexistent, acknowledgement and use of values throughout the world is overwhelming. The continous effort of groups challenging the constitution, shaking the foundation upon which this country was settled...it is exhausting. It's a fight that isn't going end. I wish the world would just take Springfields words to heart, "I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound. Everybody look what's going down. There's battle lines being drawn. Nobody's right if everybody's wrong".

Me fail english? That's umpossible.
Last week Jesse bought season six of The Simpsons and if there is one thing I've learned from watching them, it's that good humor is a much needed necessity in life. We've all got to be able to sit back and laugh and the all-too-true realities of our day to day routines. "Me fail english? That's umpossible," is a quote from a character named Ralph Wiggum as he is getting called up to the auditorium podium for a notice that he's failing english...that is his response :). Oh those Simpsons...

National Treasure.
When I was growing up my mom would go through, what I will call, "movie phases". She would like one movie a lot and pop it in while she was cleaning or working on one of our school projects or something. This would go on for a week or two...maybe even three, and then the movie would practically vanish into the movie cabinet...never to be heard of again. I very vividly remember her National Treasure movie phase. Now, I'm actually not still sure if my mom still goes through her movie phases, being that I don't live at home anymore and don't get to see what all goes on, but I do know someone else who does...ME! Despite how strange I thought it was, I am truly the daugther of Shelley. I recently went through this phase with the movie "Lars and the Real Girl". I highly recommend it.
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive.
The Eagles really knew what they were talking about when they sang the blessed words, "Don't you worry. Sometimes you've just gotta let it ride. The world is changing, right before your eyes.
Now I've found you. There's no more emptiness inside. When we're hungry...love will keep us alive..." When it is all said and done and the week has passed on...I've laughed, screamed, cried, whatever it is I do...I thank my Heavenly Father for the extraordinary amount of love I receive from the people around me every day. It's true...love will keep us alive.

So from the mind of Kristen to the internet...there ya go. The past weeks knowledge in a blog entry. Oh, and I just included the picture of Jesse because he sent it to me last week from work and I LOVE it :)

With Love,

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. wow kristen you have certainly learned a lot this week:)

    ReplyDelete

from keen.