Friday, April 10, 2009

talking some trash

trash talk: disparaging or boastful language used to demoralize or intimidate opponents.

Recently Jesse and I have been getting into Puzzle Bobble and Bomberman 2 for Supernintendo. Both of the games are easy enough for me (a gaming rookie) to play, but still challenging enough for Jesse to enjoy (even though he wins the majority of the time). And because of this I've come to understand some basics of the video gaming culture, mainly: trash talk. I've always thought it was pointless and silly, but I have recently become an avid "trash talker".

Jesse and I will sit on the couch playing and I'll throw out something like, "enjoy that" and then he'll respond by hitting me with a bunch of bobble balls, and say "no, you enjoy that..." and then I loose. My trash talk vocab includes "take that", "eat that", "enjoy", "try to keep up", or "you might as well give up"...and other really cutting edge remarks. Sometimes when I'm losing really bad I also resort to more of a pleading technique like, "stop that" or "please be nice to me" or "NOoooo!". Jesse just laughs at my ridiculousness when I do that; it's obviously not part of video gaming talk. I'm getting better though, and soon, one day Jesse will really have to heed the warning of my trash talk.

With love,

Kristen Ashlyn

2 comments:

  1. you're a trashy girl kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute :) I just like you. A lot. Please listen to this song for me.... Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum. We'll discuss our feelings after.

    ReplyDelete

from keen.