Tuesday, May 19, 2009

you can do magic...

This past weekend four of us took a little trip down to St. George to see the band America (click to get acquainted with fantastic music) at Tuachan and hike in Zion national park. It was a great weekend.


Stopping for lunch in Beaver, Utah.

Quality car time.

We were able to spend time at the pool and catch some desert sun.


Jesse pushed me in after I asked him to jump into the pool with me for a picture.




Exploring in the red rocks above St. George.



Jesse and Steve looking down over the city.

Jesse can be very creative with the camera. I like this one--me amongst the grand red rocks.




Aubry, looking very lovely.
.
I told Jesse I was going to take a picture. He did this pose on his own :) I'm so proud of him.


:)

On our way to see America...
Tuachan was probably the most perfect place America could have played. I can't imagine what it would have been like back in their hey-day.

Waiting with all the old folks. The excitement level was high.

You can't help but feel so great after seeing America. Horse With No Name, Ventura Highway, Sister Golden Hair, Daisy Jane, and Lonely People were all on the evenings playlist. Love it!

Zion National Park. Beautiful.

The top of that mountain is where we went...Angels Landing...
" traveling that highway in the sky".


Our group of hikers.
Jesse, Me, Aubry, Steve, Megan, and Kent.

View from the top.

Jesse sitting on the ledge of Angels Landing, looking out over the valley below.

After a long hike we enjoyed my favorite...The Orange Peel smoothies!!

What a lovely weekend.

With love,
Kristen Ashlyn

2 comments:

  1. Orange Peel is pretty awesome. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss you!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

from keen.