Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Make it good.

A couple nights ago I was reading through an old journal. Journal's are beautiful things to have. Reading over days, moments, and emotions past can be so magical and enlightening. It's a way to reconnect with yourself. I'm not very good at writing regularly, but for the times that I have been, I am grateful.

While reading I stumbled across some bad, emotional days when I wrote on and on about my troubles. Contrastingly, I came across days when I hardly wrote anything at all, but no matter the words, page after page, I felt the emotion and the reality of my life as it has passed.

To be honest, my life has worked out remarkably differently from my adolescent plans. Name the category and it'll be different. Don't get me wrong, my life has been blessed, protected, simple, and very uneventful compared to many lives, for which I am grateful, but I am no stranger to the road ahead taking unexpected turns. And during many of these plan alternations I have lingered in self-pity, complaining that it just isn't fair. But, it didn't get me anywhere.

Cause the truth of the matter is that there isn't some sort of signed contract or employee handbook promising fairness. Just as my dad used to tell me every time I would complain about something being unfair, "Kristen, life isn't fair. Just make it good."

He's right you know. I hated hearing it, but it's true. In the midst of handsome boyfriend combing my hair with his finger tips, the magical smell of rain in the summertime, the zing of icy cold pink lemonade, laughing aches during funny movies, very tall friends rhyming with me, and being silly with sisters, there are going to be things that aren't fair. And that's okay :)

Make it good.

With love,
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog. serious. keep the new post comin haha

    ReplyDelete

from keen.