Friday, July 3, 2009

the days of freedom.

As we all know, tomorrow is the fourth of July. Provo is having it's annual Freedom Days celebration and I could not be more excited. After Christmas, the 4th is most definitely my favorite holiday. If you've never spent the fourth in Provo, you need to! It's surprising how wonderful it is.

University is already lined with tents and chairs, everyone setting up for the grand parade tomorrow morning. Folks get really into it! They set up at three (when Provo allows them too) this afternoon and sleep out there until morning, to protect their spots. I, however, am not quite that dedicated but I will get up at 4:45 tomorrow morning to go save spots on Center street.

If you are around and aren't yet sure how to celebrate this fantastic holiday, here are my suggestions.

Parade at 9:00 a.m.

Afterwords, take a walk down to the street fair on Center St.

Buy yourself an icy cold Texas Twister (a divine combination of lemonade, raspberry, strawberry, and lime) Mmmm.

Enjoy the art and the booths. Two years ago I purchased a beautiful Japanese parasol that I still have up in my apartment today.

And of course, have a 4th of July BBQ.

And make sure to be back in Provo for the Stadium of Fire fireworks!

Happy 4th of July!

With love,

Kristen Ashlyn

1 comment:

from keen.