Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...hold me for goodbyes and whispered lullabyes.

I'm the worst at goodbyes. Today my best friend went into the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, UT. She will prepare there for 2 1/2 months, where she will then leave to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We're so proud of Aubry Ann!

Aubry, this is my tribute to you :)

Our friendship first glistened when we were fifteen, we couldn't have been more opposite. Life was much simpler then but we didn't know it. Driver's licenses, first kisses, and high school friendships were what kept us busy and entertained. Learning more, every day, about who we would grow to be and what would remain important to us. And though those simple years have come and gone, we remain friends.

Freshman year of college, we were full of life and yearning for knowledge of the real world, love to be found, and happiness. Butterflies, heartbreak, and new experiences...memories that I will always cherish. Now we are seniors, that zest and enthusiasm have somewhat depleted. It's no longer about first kisses and drivers licenses, but about marriage and making rent the next month. And though so much has changed, we are still best friends. :) Through late night tears and two hours of sleep, to aching laughter and girlish ways...it has always been the best.

We love you Aubry. Good luck.

I love you!

With love,

Kristen Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I'm going to miss Aubry! And I miss you and Erin!

    ReplyDelete

from keen.