Tuesday, August 25, 2009

over the chain link fence.

Yes, I'm still here. Just waiting.
I'm staying right here, yeah don't worry.
Unfortunately I've never had a problem giving it away, my heart .
In fact, I'm quite good at it.
For some reason I don't like just keeping it for myself.
The thing is...it then no longer beats for me.
It beats for you.
Yeah, you. Hence, I'm waiting.
Just watching over the grass,
for the day when the beat is mine once more.
Hmm...it's kind of cold out here, but that's okay.
I'll stay until it gets warm.
Hey look, I'm over here and I'm pretty tired.

love,

kristen a.

1 comment:

  1. Ten days after I turned 8, got my lips stuck in a gate, my friends all laughed. So i just stood there until the fire department came and broke the lock with a crow bar and i had to spend the next 6 weeks in lip rehab with this kid named oscar who got stung by a bee right on the lip and we couldn't even talk to each other until the 5th week because both of our lips were so swollen and when he did start speaking he only spoke polish. So don't worry, I know how it feels to be stuck by a chain link fence. I'll bring you out a sweater and call the fire department.

    ReplyDelete

from keen.