Friday, August 21, 2009

some rare footage...

About three years ago I came home from spending the summer in Oahu, Hawaii. I attended school out there at Brigham Young University Hawaii. In commemoration of the experience and beautiful memory that it is and was, I have decided to post some rare footage of me and a dear friend hula dancing. Yes, I understand that you have now found your way to the edge of your chair, bench, couch, whatever... in complete anticipation of the following videos...but please, before your hopes are set too high, please keep in mind that I had learned this dance about four minutes previous to the actual filming and oh my hannah, I am talented. Enjoy.

This first one is of me, attempting to hula dance for my very first time.

video

And and then with some practice....

video

Katie was the one with the real talent.

video

She was laughing in every take, while I was trying to take it seriously.

video


We were really good.
Here are a few photos as well...


Chanel and I at the Hukilau Cafe. Num num, blueberry pancakes.

The Laie Hawaii Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Katie and I at Sunset Beach on North Shore Oahu, a.k.a my very favorite beach.

Katie, hyped up on Guava Nectar Juice.
She is now married and has a beautiful little girl...and I'm Auntie Kristen.
It makes me feel kinda old, even though I'm really not.

And finally, a little trip to the Ala Moana shopping center in Honolulu :).

Can't believe it's been three years.

With love,

kristen a.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you posted those videos! I lost them when my hardrive broke down, you made me laugh just now. I love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I know right!? I honestly love these video's so much. They're brilliant! Love you too! Tell Lillie that Aunty Kristen says she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful and gifted dancers! I love seeing your memories! You are so beautiful! Inside and out! Mom

    ReplyDelete

from keen.